Doctor of Physical Therapy
Board Certified Clinical Specialist
In 2010, Dr. Cody Jones joined forces with his good friend and colleague Dr. Eric Honbo to create Advanced Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine. His goal was to create an orthopedic clinic that active people could trust to help them recover from their specific injuries. Since opening, Cody believes he has helped create an environment of clinical excellence in evaluation and treatment. A clinic that focuses on manual therapies and caters treatments to each patient’s individual needs. A place people have come to trust.
Cody and Advanced PT have developed a reputation as trusted advisors to athletes of all levels. He has personally rehabilitated and consulted with athletes from the NFL, NBA, MLB, and the NCAA. He has traveled extensively as the Team PT for multiple Professional World Champion Boxers. He also feels fortunate to work closely with Southern California’s world-renowned doctors and surgeons who have helped him to learn and refine the nuances of sports medicine.
In 2004, Cody completed his Master of Physical Therapy degree from Azusa Pacific University. He returned to complete his Doctorate in 2008. Cody earned his Bachelor’s of Science in Kinesiology at Simon Fraser University 2001 in his hometown of Vancouver, British Columbia.
“I’m the one you turn to when your body won’t cooperate. We will work together to solve the puzzle and return you to your confident and active life.”
Since 2004 Cody has developed a track record for clinical excellence. His “Advanced Way” treatment philosophy includes comprehensive evaluation and skilled interventions delivered in an efficient manner to leave time for thorough patient education of your injury and prevention of its recurrence. Cody also believes in making the entire process fun.
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy – Azusa Pacific University, Azusa CA 2008
- Masters of Physical Therapy – Azusa Pacific University, Azusa CA 2004
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology – Simon Fraser University, BC, Canada 2001
- Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist – APTA
- American Physical Therapy Association – Orthopedic Section Member
- American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists
Interests and Accomplishments: Cody has completed and worked as a Teaching Assistant for numerous Post-Graduate Continuing Education courses through the North American Institute of Manual Therapy (NAIOMT)- Levels I through IV. He has also completed advanced coursework in Golf Rehabilitation, Vestibular Rehabilitation, Concussion Rehabilitation, Active Release Techniques (ART), Manipulation to Spine and Periphery, McKenzie Spine Techniques, Mulligan Techniques, Institute of Physical Art and Evidence in Motion.
Cody enjoys living in Thousand Oaks with his beautiful wife and their three young children. Cody continues to compete in trail running races and the odd half or full marathon. He also enjoys coaching soccer, the occasional golf outing, live concerts, and tasty food.
Cody’s Favorite Quote
“Long after people have forgotten what you said or did, they will remember how you made them feel.” — Tim Sanders, author
Five Things Cody Believes
- To be the best in any field, it is imperative that you never stop learning.
- “To do good, you must first do well.” You must take care of yourself to effectively serve others. (You hear me Moms?)
- If you want to grow old gracefully, never compete at anything. For those that can’t live by that principle… we are here to help.
- The two main tenants of the “American Dream” are hard work and delayed gratification.
- I moved my family to Thousand Oaks because people here are active, intelligent, and fun to be around.
Learn more about Cody’s partner Dr. Eric Honbo.