We hope that you and your family are well. In recent days we have all seen a new reality regarding the concerns about the COVID-19 virus.
At Advanced Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine, your health and well-being is our top priority.
We are monitoring recommendations from the health authorities and we are open to provide the personal care needed for our patients’ treatment and journey to recovery.
We would like to share some details on the standard daily practices which we have always had at our clinics in addition to extra steps we are taking in light of the virus. We ask that if you have any symptoms whatsoever, please follow the CDC guidelines linked here.
Standard practices that our patients experience at APTSM include:
- All of our linens are single use and are cleaned using detergent & bleach
Wiping down of all treatment beds and equipment after each use with hospital grade disinfectant
- Our clinics are fully equipped with a hand washing station as well as hand sanitizer
Cleaning high-touch areas with medical grade disinfectant (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment and treatment tools)
- Our staff wash their hands thoroughly between treating each patient
Additional steps we are taking now include:
- Reduction of in-clinic patient volume to enable social distance recommendations
- Additional training to our staff on increased sanitization/hand hygiene recommendations
- Advising our staff to stay home if they are feeling unwell or have traveled by air in the last 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has traveled by air in the previous 14 days
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning all items listed above
- We know that the COVID-19 virus can be alarming and a bit scary
- As an extra precaution our carpet was professionally cleaned with disinfectant anti-microbial treatment and applied sanitizer.
- We are monitoring information from our health authorities to adjust our plan based on recommendations.
We respectfully request that our patients:
- Wash their hands prior to entering our facility and use hand sanitizer in our lobby
- Reschedule appointments for a future date if you are feeling unwell, have traveled by air in the previous 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has traveled by air in the previous 14 days
We are offering Tele-Health Options
If you have any concerns about coming in for treatment, we are now offering Tele-medicine services so you can access us from the comfort of your own home. Let’s schedule a 10 to 30 minute call. It’s secure and easy and we can bill your insurance benefits.
Here are some tips that we can all follow in our daily lives:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water (for at least 20 seconds). Alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good option if soap and warm water is not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Regularly clean high touch objects and surfaces
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- If you feel sick, stay home and avoid public spaces
We look forward to continuing partnering with our patients in their healthcare needs and taking steps with our patients to create a healthy and sanitary rehabilitation environment.